Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to YOU!

Holy Moly... I think a new business for the Evangenitals/Evangina may have just been born!

Today Lisa & I provided a few hours of entertainment for a kid's birthday party in Sherman Oaks and it was friggin' AWESOME!!!

We did clean-versions of a ton of Evangenitals & Evangina tunes, some cover songs (including the debut of some new Dead Milkmen covers) and ended the whole thing with some rockin' version of classics like "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "The Wheels on the Bus"... we even got to pass the mic off to the kids for some rousing renditions of the "Alphabet Song" and "You Are My Sunshine".

With 30+ parents present, many of whom said this was the best birthday party they'd ever been to, and the 20-odd kids who absolutely LOVED it, I'm thinking we may be getting some phone calls for future birthday party business. :-)

A major highlight of the day was when one of the kids asked for a "really fast song about a race car" so they could run around in a circle really fast... after a few clarifying questions on what he wanted out of the song, I composed "The Race Car song" on the spot. Lisa was a champ, right there with me on accompaniment, and all present agreed that we could make a lot of dough if we did a kids album. Suddenly Gwendolyn is making a whole lot more sense to me.

No comments: